Sunday, November 28, 2010

JRuler


AppName : JRuler
AppType  : Measurement Tool
Homepage: http://www.spadixbd.com/freetools/jruler.htm
Portable Available: Yes

Background
So ok, it's a ruler, seem so simply,so why in earth I'm going to use this thing? Trust me, I was like that until I started developing web applications, I use JRuler like in everything! I need to have the correct size of a <div>, I need to place an image but I dunno how big it needs to be, or do you need to crate a banner and dunno how much letters and how big is going to be needed to be? Well, this tool is what you need!


Usability
The ruler interface is a clean and simple one. You have a yellow-ish rectangle, which simulate a real ruler divided in whatever scale is selected. You can change it by right click on it and select between pixel, inches, Picas ( whatever that is) and centimeters. Depending of the position of your mouse, the numbers in the ruler will change dynamically update the exact location of the pointer, which is awesome. Also, you have a gray-ish slider, where you can make the ruler larger or smaller. Finally, you can rotate the ruler (flip it) by pressing the 'F' key. 




JRuler is a simple, small ( <500kb size) and and application that  does not need installation (unzip and ready to use). People who manage image, banners and web development will found this tool very useful!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting tool... I didn't know about it and definitely thought as you said: "why on earth am I going to use this?" but honestly I was looking for something like this. I just didn't think it existed. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete